Tuesday, March 20, 2012

OMEGABEAR



Posted by TOYMAKER

    As Bearguy fever continued,  Hobby Art Gallery decided to organize a mini Bearguy build group. I took this opportunity to do something more relaxed and also for a quick fix. Initially, I wanted to do a Ironman version or Silver Surfer complete with a surfboard. While I was still brainstorming for ideas when the Omegamon box which was stashed in the corner caught my attention. And that's when I decided to do a Omegamon version. 




As this is just a fun build. I did not work on the seam lines and modifications are kept to a minimum. I had to add strips on the chest similar to Omegamon.   






















I took about 2 days to paint this. I spent more time of the metallic colours, was trying to get the right shine and metal "feel" for them. 

Metallic Red = Gaia Clear Red sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
Metallic Blue = Gaia Clear Blue sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
Metallic Orange = Gaia Clear Red + Clear Yellow sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
White = Gaia White sprayed over a grey primer as base coat 
Internals = Gaia Gun Metal sprayed over a base coat of Gloss black 
Orange = Gaia Sunshine Yellow sprayed over a base coat of Mr Colour Orange

Well I had fun and is satisfied with the final product. It could be better but like I said, relax build. So no need to lost sleep over it LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment